STEPS IN FLASHING ALLWINNER ANDROID TABLETS AND DEVICES
Flashing and Upgrading of allwinner tablets and devices requires a lot of technical knowhow and also lots of necessary tools to be put in place for the operation to be successful.
Most Chinese allwinner tablets are mostly made Chinese (PCB) panels internally, therefore, they are mostly similar in their hardware features. Allwinner Chinese tablets mostly consist of these boot options (A10, A13, A12) therefore these software upgrade procedures should all be alike.
UPGRADING ALLWINNER TABLETS
Normally the flashing or upgrade of Chinese devices comes with necessity when the following arises:-
b. Hanging or Long duration booting
c. Hardware issues resulting from internal software issues like:- no vibrating, no sound, low network issues
Allwinners devices comes in various types it maybe in the form of a phone or a tablet or even an analogue devices hence the event of flashing or updating the internal software of the device, there would be the need for discretion and expertise
In the aspect of mobile device technology in a scope of its handling in the hand of its end users faults way arise or issues come up which would require the attention and services of hardware hence the device or if necessary occasional hardware repairs.
Allwinner Hardware Errors
· Broken touch or calibration
· Inconsistent or irregularity in network strength
· Damage sound system
· Microphone issues (mouth piece)
· Earpiece disorder (speaker)
· Faulty charging system
· Poor signal strength (antenna issues)
· Temperature overrate (integrated circuit issues)
· Hardware issues from external disorders like(broken caseing)
· Earpiece or Earplug Extention irregular contact (earpiece disorder)
Allwinner tablets at times may develop obstinate software issues which would require the correct flash file or allwinner firmware to be flashed on it.
Allwinner software upgrades procedure
· Disconnect device from external / dc current connections.
· Power off device
· Wait a few minutes for device to fully power down
· Connect a very reliable usb cable to the device
· Install the allwinner device drivers :- [Usb Vid] device would show up at the bottom of the device manager after a successful driver installation
· Open folder containing allwinner flash tool then execute the (exe) file in the folder let the drivers by allowing popups of ( unsigned drivers) which would show up. Open the flash tool then proceed to the folder containing the ROM to be flashed; hence select the ROM to be flashed after carefully and adequate assessment and check of the CPU model and boot number.
· Before the flashing process begins fully make sure to open the shield covering the CPU then check the letters and numbers written in bold letters after that the correct ROM to be flashed on the device can be decided.
· Hold the volume down or volume up hardware buttons then connect the USB cables which should be connected to the USB port of the pc directly.
· Press the power buttons tight or ten (10) times while connecting the USB cable in your PC or Computer. As the progress in the process begins automatically there would be the need to wait for the process to slowly complete at its own pace.
· After the operation completes disconnect the tablet from the pc and enjoy the booting as the process completes its time to check how the new ROM sits and operates with the device
Changes to expect after the upgrade or normal flash of an allwinner device:-
Fortunately if the ROM matches the hardware the ROM contains matches, matches the internal software and as well the major problem which is touch or calibrate [identification] all ways check and take note of the panel model number and find a matching firmware that would eventually settle down well in the tablet and restore the touch back working.
If after the upgrading or normal flash the device witness a missing or invalid [IMEI] due to security software issue consider it time to repair or rewrite the IMEI using Allwinner Imei tool